Skip to: main navigation | main content | sitemap | accessibility page
Environment & Energy Efficiency
Installing double glazing can help make your home more energy efficient.
A rated sealed double glazing units
Our double glazed sealed units are A rated by the BFRC (British Fenestration Rating Council). The BFRC is the UK authority which independently verifies windows and doors for energy efficiency.
Our most efficient double glazing uses:
- Energy efficient low-e glass.
- Argon gas filling between the panes further helping to prevent heat loss.
- Warm edge spacer bars. Up to 80% of energy loss through a window occurs at its edge. Warm edge spacer bars (rather than aluminium spacers) minimise heat loss at the edge by up to 94%.
Energy efficient windows and doors
Choosing energy efficient windows and doors can have a number of benefits, including:
- Helping reduce heat loss and reducing the cost of heating your home. According to the Energy Saving Trust, replacing single glazing with A rated double glazing can reduce your heating bill by up to £160 a year.
- Reduce environmental impact by reducing the amount of energy required to heat your home.